- Accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Certified as a Medicare provider by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
- Participating Agency, Home Health Quality Improvement Campaign (HHQI)
- Member, United Way of Northern New Jersey
We are committed to providing our patients with a high quality, exceptional care experience that exceeds standards and expectations. We measure our success in several ways:
We are proud of our highly credentialed and dedicated team. Many have, or are pursuing, advanced degrees and specialty certifications. The VNA requires our staff to participate in extensive professional development. All clinical professionals and certified home health aides receive mandatory, on-going internal training.
Rigorous Quality Assurance Programs
In addition to meeting all requirements and standards established by government regulators and our accrediting organization, CHAP, we voluntarily participate in the federally-funded Home Health Quality Improvement (HHQI) National Campaign designed to promote the reduction of avoidable hospital readmissions and improved oral medication management. The VNA has received the Quality Improvement (QI) Silver Award for our use of three best practice tools provided through the campaign. We also continually review and enhance our employee and patient policies, procedures and educational materials.
The VNA is proud to achieve exceptional outcomes on key home health performance measures. We currently have a 16% hospital readmission rate, the lowest among leading competitors providing Medicare services in Morris and Somerset counties, and well below the state and national averages. This means that we are keeping our patients healthy and 84% remain out of the hospital. We excel in other important key measures of care quality such as timeliness of care, treatment of heart failure symptoms and medication education. Our scores area available on the Medicare Home Health Compare website.
Superior Patient Satisfaction
We continually gather patient and caregiver feedback and use this information to measure our success and develop targeted quality improvement programs. Our staff and clinicians maintain open communication with patients and caregivers during service and address any areas of concern. Working in collaboration with leading national healthcare consultant Strategic Healthcare Programs, LLC (SHP), we thoroughly analyze patient survey results to measure our own performance and compare to regional and national benchmarks.
The VNA of Somerset Hills and our individual staff actively participate and hold leadership roles in numerous national and regional healthcare and business organizations including:
- Home Care Association of New Jersey (HCANJ)
- National Association of Home Care and Hospice (NAHC)
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC)
- Home Care and Hospice Financial Managers Association (HHFMA)
- New Jersey Adult Day Services Association (NJADSA)
- New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA)
- New Jersey Association for Volunteer Administration (NJAVA)
- New Jersey Hospital Association
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
- New Jersey Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NJHPCO)
- New Jersey State Nurses Association (NJSNA)
- Visiting Nurse Associations of America (VNAA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Association(WOCN)
- Somerset County Business Partnership (SCBP)