Provide direct service to clients of the Adult Day Center (ADC) which includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as well as recreational activities tailored to the individual needs of each client and other tasks as assigned by the Center Manager.
REPORTS TO: Center Manager
- Preferred experience either professionally or personally in working with the population served by ADC, i.e. frail elderly and/or chronically disabled older adults.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Effective interpersonal skills needed to interact with clients, their families, and the community at large.
- Knowledge of the VNA & ADC philosophy, mission, policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain client/family confidentiality.
- Ability to handle crisis in a calm constructive manner.