JOB SUMMARY: Has responsibility for the billing and collection of accounts. This includes any data entry, filing, telephone or written follow-up, and reporting required to achieve this goal.
REPORTS TO: Business Office Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Formal training in business skills, insurance billing or accounting required
- Computer proficiency required
- Strong preference for experience in home care billing
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes all billing and necessary follow-up as assigned.
- Checks Insurance eligibility of new admissions.
- Enters into computer systems any billing data from day sheets, sub-contractor bills, invoices, rosters, etc. as required.
- Maintains files/records required.
- Maintains accurate record keeping in the electronic health record, which includes a trail of all transactions related to each account and any interaction with payors, patient or family.
- Prepares monthly billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Meets established productivity metrics
- Meets Accounts Receivable metrics for accounts overseen.
- Collaborates with Business Office Manager in the timely collection of receivables.
- Coordinates information with Oasis Coordinator for proper billing.
- Contacts insurers as necessary to maximize reimbursement.
- Prepares bank deposits for fees collected and makes deposits as needed.
- Enters payments and appropriate adjustments in a timely manner.
- Prepares statistical reports as requested.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.