To provide direct personal care to the sick and/or disabled assigned by any of the VNA of Somerset Hills programs, with full regard for the dignity of each of those patients. Direct personal care may include personal hygiene, activities of daily living and the care of the environment directly related to the safety and well being of the patient and insuring the patient’s optimum level of self care.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager
- Successful completion of a home health aide certification training program approved by the State of NJ Board of Nursing.
- Current home health aide certification
- Current NJ driver’s license along with a safe driving record.
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to carry out the physical tasks required by the job.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions.
- Reliability e.g. following the assigned schedule consistently.
- Dependability e.g. being at assignment at correct time and submitting paper work accurately and in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Certified Home Health Aides may perform the following duties under the direction and supervision of the Home Health Aide Supervisor or the Nurse Case Manager of a particular case which the CHHA is assigned.
- Assist patient with bath.
- Assist patient with toileting needs.
- Assist patient in and out of bed, assisting with ambulation and exercise.
- Assist patient with self-administered medications.
- Perform incidental household services.
- Accompany patient to a doctor’s appointment, hospital or clinic for treatment by means of approved mode of transportation. (if on Private Care Services)