We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills is a trusted member of the community with the purpose of providing professional home care and hospice services, supporting patients and caregivers in the communities we serve. We are currently in search of New Jersey Licensed Registered Nurses who have an interest in practicing nursing in the home healthcare environment.
Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated, interdisciplinary team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. The agency has been providing innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents for over 100 years. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
Discover why more and more RNs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services focused on providing the best client outcomes and care experience. A work environment that provides flexibility and independence in your workday. Join a team of professionals who care about each other and the work we do!
The Home Health Care RN position is the cornerstone of the clinical operations department at the VNA of Somerset Hills. RNs provide nursing care for those with illness and/or injury wherever the patient calls home. This care is achieved through care plan development and oversight including clinical nursing interventions, education, and supervision of care plan implementation for patients and caregivers. Our RNs also provide consultation and referral to appropriate personnel and services within the agency and the community.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice
- Understanding and knowledge of the nursing process
- Knowledge of home care philosophy and practice
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing is preferred OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey or has license pending as indicated by a permission-to-work letter from the New Jersey State Board of Nursing
- Current New Jersey Drivers’ License
- I.V. certification is preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- A minimum of one year’s experience in nursing
- Home care experience preferred
Our agency is a charitable, tax-exempt home health agency and hospice certified by Medicare, accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.