The Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) of Somerset Hills, headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a nonprofit organization fully accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP). The VNA of Somerset Hills is a vibrant and growing organization with a history of over 110 years serving primarily Somerset and Morris Counties with home health, hospice, community health and adult day services.
VNA of Somerset Hills is looking for a talented and motivated Human Resources Manager who will lead our HR function and will have responsibility for approximately 150 employees. This position reports to the President & CEO and works closely with the senior management team to develop and implement an effective human resource strategy for the Agency. Responsibilities include talent acquisition & development strategies, employee relations, on-boarding/exit administration, HR and employee benefits administration and communication.
- Successfully execute the daily administration of all human resource services, including pre-employment preparation, interviews, salary determination, offers, orientation, on-boarding/exit, employee grievances and conflicts, maintenance of personnel records, tuition reimbursement, etc.
- Manage employee benefits including employee education and enrollment for health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, HSA, FSA, SERP, vacation and illness benefits
- Define, manage and execute the organization’s recruiting and retention strategies and practices.
- Develop and implement HR policy, identifying and applying appropriate procedures and protocols for specific situations.
- Champion an inclusive and positive culture within the organization where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Stay current and ensure compliance with all relevant Federal, New Jersey and local statutes and regulations, (i.e. EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, OIG, etc.). Counsel the Agency senior management team on regulations as required.
- Manage worker’s compensation and leave of absence processes.
- Direct and administer the annual employee evaluation process.
o Partner with employees, recruiting agencies, home care associations, other industry participants as well as college and universities within our service area to drive recruitment strategies for direct workforce.
o Work with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues
o Provide coaching on performance management and advise on talent development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant human resources experience in generalist role with managerial responsibilities
- Professional HR certification preferred
- Experience collaborating with both operations and community leaders
- Experience in the nonprofit and health care industry is a plus
- Expertise in employee recruitment, retention, and benefits required
- Strong employee relations, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated process execution skills with strong attention to detail
- Results driven with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Ability to work at a strategic level with senior management as well as ability to execute on day-to-day operational/administrative matters
- Working knowledge of all pertinent employment and benefits compliance, statutes and regulations
- Strong administrative skills
- High energy, self-starting and diligent, mature and discreet
- Passion for and commitment to our mission and work
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, along with an attractive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, pension and paid time off.