JOB SUMMARY: Receptionist has primary responsibility to answer and route phone calls, greet visitors, open and route in-coming mail, various agency mailings and other administrative duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager, Community Health Services
- High School graduate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with health care terminology
- Prior experience with health care electronic health record
- Prior experience as a receptionist preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must become familiar with VNA mission, vision, philosophy, policies and programs
- Ability to answer telephone, take accurate messages and maintain a good relationship with those seeking services and others
- Ability to learn electronic health record used by the VNASH
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to diversified duties
- Attention to detail
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely communication via telephone. This includes taking messages, accurate routing of incoming calls and the proper referrals to outside agencies where appropriate. Reach out to clinicians when PSC and/or Managers are not available.
- Look up information in electronic health record to assist patients & their families when needed.
- Open and sort incoming mail.
- Mail and/or fax clinical correspondence including Physicians Orders (485s) and Face to Face Encounter Forms to physicians and hospitals on a timely basis. Follow-up when requested.
- Keep accurate log of all checks and cash received.
- Assist in mailings when needed.
- Prepare and mail multiple letters to Hospice families.
- Prepare mailings for other departments as requested and needed.
- Assign all agency meeting rooms through Outlook Program as requested by staff and outside agencies.
- Prepare MSW’s Hospice Bereavement letters to doctors for signature by Social Worker.
- Carry out other duties assigned.