We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills, NJ has Full Time Admissions RN opening with an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a signing bonus. We are seeking New Jersey licensed nurses who have an interest in practicing nursing in the home health care environment.
Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated, interdisciplinary team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. For over 100 years, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals and their caregivers maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
Discover why RNs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services focused on providing the best client outcomes and care experience. A work environment that provides flexibility and independence in your workday. Join a team of professionals who care about each other and the work we do!
Screens referrals for appropriateness and performs admissions of the patients to home care services. Coordinates with the patient and physician to develop an individual plan of care. Refers patients to the appropriate disciplines within the agency. Provides an accurate report to case manager.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing is preferred OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey
- A minimum of one year’s experience in home care.
- Basic computer skills
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice.
- Understanding and knowledge of the nursing process.
- Knowledge of good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and maintain health of individuals, families and the community through teaching, counseling, and appropriate preventive and rehabilitative measures.
- Assesses physiologic, environmental, psychosocial and spiritual characteristics of the client and, family.
a)Demonstrates accuracy in assessing the patient and recording OASIS assessments accurately.
b)Practice and documentation meets all regulatory/policy requirements.
- Develops care plans to meet the individual needs of the patient and family.
a)Utilizes knowledge of clinical best practices and agency best practice protocols when developing the plan of care and delivering care to the patient and family.
b) Incorporates the expressed, as well as the assessed needs of the client and family in the care plan.
- Carries out prescribed treatment to patients in their homes or other community settings.
- Follows policies and procedures for clinical documentation .
Record observations, treatments given, and other significant information.
a) Maintain accurate records at all times.
- Identifies needs, and plans appropriate teaching strategies for patients and families.
a) Documents response to teaching succinctly and objectively .
b) Teaching content is safe, ethical and in accordance with VNASH guidelines/policies, VNAA procedure manual, & NJ RN practice.
- Assess patients’ needs for durable medical equipment and other supplies and order as needed.
- Refer patients as needed to other agency disciplines, such as social workers, therapists, dietician, and home health aides.
- Develops and uses functional network systems within the community that allow for the greatest client services.
a) Links patients with resources, as needed.
b) Interpret extent and limitations of service available and collaborate with patient and family on any limitations and to assist in referring to other appropriate community resources or care settings. Communicate to the physician any limitations and education/suggestions given to patient and family.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding assessment findings and recommendations to establish the plan of care for the patient.
- Collaborates and communicates assessment findings, plan of care and any needed follow up to internal team members involved in the patient’s plan of care.
- Participates in Quality improvement programs.
- Adheres to agency infection control practices.
- Participates on agency committees and other outside committees as requested.
- Exemplifies an agency Ambassador role and shares knowledge of agency services with the community.
- Adheres to the policies of the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills.
- Other duties as assigned.