Assist the frail and elderly in their ability to remain alone in their home safely and comfortably during family caregiver’s absence. Supports the client and caregiver in order to reduce caregiver stress and delay institutionalization of the frail and elderly.
REPORTS TO: Home Health Aide Supervisor
- Exhibits a caring attitude toward the frail, disabled and elderly.
- Successful completion of the VNA Companion training program.
- Has access to own transportation to and from assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of VNA Philosophy, policies and programs.
- Ability to organize, manage and function in assigned areas.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions in emergency situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide structured supervision to assure safety of each assigned client.
- To establish rapport with family caregiver. .
- Observe and report accurately.
- Utilize telephony system to document arrival time and departure time and mileage from client to client.