Events & Community
3 DAYS. 25 DEPARTMENTS. BARGAINS FOR EVERYONE AND ALL AGES!
We are the famous VNA Rummage Sale, held every fall and spring at the Fairgrounds in Far Hills, New Jersey. RAIN OR SHINE!
Funds raised at our sale bring home health, hospice care, adult day services, and other wellness services to all those in need, along with other valuable healthcare programs not covered by any insurance.
FALL 2019 SALE DATES: October 4, 5 & 6
TIME: Friday & Saturday: 9:30AM – 3:30PM
Sunday: 12:30PM – 3:30PM
Far Hills Fairgrounds
Intersection of US 202 & Peapack Rd (CR 512)
Far Hills, NJ
FALL DONATION DATES: September 7-24, 2019 10:00AM – 1:00PM, Monday to Saturday
MORE TO KNOW…
PAYMENT METHODS: Shoppers can pay for goods with cash, checks (proper identification needed) or credit cards (Mastercard and Visa).
PARKING AND ADMISSION: Admission is free. Parking is limited, so carpooling is recommended. Handicap parking is available.
FOOD: Food is available for purchase. Cash only.
GETTING HERE: Easy to reach by car or train. For detailed driving directions, visit our direction page. We are a short walking distance from the NJ Transit Far Hills station. From Manhattan, take NJ Transit from Penn Station.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: On sale days call 908-781-6445. During all other times, call 908-766-0180.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? Join an amazing group of over 400 people who volunteer at our Rummage Sale. There is plenty to do, and we welcome whatever time you can give whenever you are able. For information, call 908-766-0180.
Connect with the Rummage Sale!
From North Jersey
Rte 202 South through Bernardsville into Far Hills. At Peapack Road traffic light, turn right for Sale.
Rte 80 to 287 South to Exit 26, Mt Airy Road. Right off Ramp -QUICK left at light onto Whitenack Road. Proceed 3 miles to stop sign. Take a left onto Rte 202 South. Proceed straight to traffic light at Peapack Road. Turn right for Sale.
Rte 206 South. Take a left onto Pottersville Rd. Take a right onto Main Street. Proceed straight for 3 miles, road turns into Peapack Rd. Sale is on the right.
Rte 287 South to Exit 26, Mt. Airy Road. Take a right off Ramp -QUICK left at light onto Whitenack Road. Proceed 3 miles to stop sign. Take a left onto Rte 202 south. Straight to traffic light at Peapack Road. Turn right for Sale.
From South Jersey
Rte 202/206 North to Lamington Road. Turn right onto Rte 202 North.
Rte 287 North to Exit 22B. Follow Rte 202/206 North. Bear right onto Rte 202 North. Take a left at traffic light onto Peapack Road for Sale.
From West Jersey
Rte 78 East to Exit 26, Rattlesnake Bridge Road. At end of ramp turn left onto Rattlesnake Bridge Road. Take road for 2 miles. Make a right at stop sign onto Lamington Road. Continue to traffic light at Rte 206. Cross Rte 206 onto Rte 202 North (Main Street). Follow to Peapack Road. Take a left at Peapack Road traffic light for Sale. (Alternate for heavy traffic on this route, take Rte 206 North 3/4 mile right onto Old Dutch Road. At stop sign turn right onto Peapack Road for Sale.)
LIMITED PARKING AT THE SALE —— PLEASE CAR POOL
Expect Traffic Delays. Traffic is heaviest off Rte 287 at Exit 22B. If possible, please use alternate routes listed.
When to Donate
DONATION DATES: September 7-24, 2019
DONATION TIMES: 10AM – 1PM Monday to Saturday
LOCATION: Far Hills Fairgrounds
QUESTIONS?: email email@example.com or call 908-781-6445
All items should be in clean and good to excellent condition, working, and complete with all parts, pieces and necessary accessories. Please feel free to contact us with questions about specific items, particularly large and heavy ones!
What We Accept
We accept a huge variety of merchandise for our 25 departments including clothing, furniture, household goods, kitchenware, décor items, sporting goods, electronics, appliance, lighting, toys and seasonal goods.
We are currently especially interested in receiving:
- Audio equipment:
- Audio systems
- Cell phones (newer) and accessories in a plastic bag
- Computers and printers:
- Apple desktop and laptops, all models and years
- iPad and iTouch
- Android tablets
- IBM type laptops running Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 and 8.1
- Vintage computers including Sinclair, Apple, Commodore and IBM
- Computer speaker and subwoofer speaker systems including power pack
- LCD monitors including power pack
- Printers: multifunction laser and inkjet with a USB interface, including powerpack
- Digital picture frames including power pack
- Dorm refrigerators
- E-readers /Nooks and associated accessories/equipment
- Heating and Cooling:
- Dehumidifiers (Spring sale) newer models
- Heaters (Fall sale)
- Humidifiers (Fall sale) newer models
- Vaporizers (Fall sale only)
- DVD and VCR/DVD combination units (with remotes, only)
- Blue Ray systems
- TVs: flat screen
- Sewing machines (table top models)
Note about computers:
Leave the hard drive in the computer; we will clean off all of your information.
- If there is a password on the computer, please write it on a tag and attach it to the computer.
- If you are donating a tablet with a password function, please turn the password off before donating the unit.
What We Don’t Accept
- Car tires & rims
- Car radios and speakers
- Car batteries
- Discarded library books
- Business/Finance, older than two years
- Encyclopedias printed between 1926 and 2012
- Magazines, including National Geographic (except art and collectibles)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Textbooks older than two years
- Older fiction except classics
COMPUTERS & ELECTRONICS
- Dot matrix printers
- IBM type desktops and laptops with older processors, eg: P3, P2
- Large office copying equipment
- Non USB printers or scanners
- Stand-alone fax machines
- Tube type monitors
- Air conditioners
- Attic and ceiling fans (unless brand new)
- Built-in or large appliances
- Commercial equipment
- Console sewing machines (large)
- Electric typewriters
- Halogen lamps without safety guards
- Humidifiers –console (large old)
- Irons: non-steam or have used sole plates
- Microwaves – large, older and all built in
- TVs-any tube-based
- Vacuum cleaners, older than 10 years
- Box springs and mattresses, foam mattresses
- Beds: bunk, sofas, trundle, waterbeds, steel bed frames
- Built-in furniture/cabinets
- Baby furniture for infants and children not up to safety code
- Car seats and booster seats
- Cribs (all)
- Free-standing swings
- Entertainment centers
- Furniture made of particle board or formica
- Luggage that is locked and without keys or combination
- Computer desks
- Large office furniture/desks
- Metal file cabinets
- Sofas: Large three-cushion
FLAMMABLE HAZARDOUS WASTE
- Gasoline/ kerosene-filled items
- Oil lamps with oil in them
- Propane tanks
- Motor oil
- Paints, stains & varnishes
- Canning jars
- Window coverings:
- Curtain rods and decorative that are not new in package
- Drapes/curtains with foam rubber, fiber glass, or rubber backs, venetian or vertical blinds or shades
- Fireplace doors
- Garden hoses (unless brand-new)
- Gasoline powered tools
- Large appliances
- Loose hardware such as nails, screws, bolts, etc.
- Renovation/remodeling leftovers
- Sinks, toilets, toilet seats, tubs
- Storm doors, screen doors, windows, and window screens
- Wall-to-wall carpeting, rugs without binding
- Tupperware and other containers without lids (cookie jars, canisters)
MOVIES & MUSIC
- Audio cassettes or storage cases/racks
- VHS tapes or storage cases/racks
- Binders with company logos
- Game tables larger than 6 feet long
- Non-din ski boots
- Nordic tracks
- Guitar Hero Rock Bank accessories (video game keyboards and guitars)
Donation Process & Tips
We greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness in donating items to our rummage sale. Each sale we are overwhelmed with the magnitude of your generosity in donating gently used clothing, furniture and household items. The variety of your items is what makes rummage such a special event and keeps our shoppers coming back! Thank you!
Please understand that we are unable to accept every item that is offered. Space for storage, display and sale is limited. Unfortunately, the cost to dispose of unsaleable items increases each sale, and we also must follow environmental and safety regulations
We accept donations for about 17 days each sale. The longest lines are at the beginning and at the end of the donation period and on weekends.
You can streamline your donation experience by coming during the middle of the donation period and the middle of the week. There are no guarantees, but the lines are typically shorter. Review our drop off guidelines for tips to make your donation process easy.
When preparing your donations, think SUCCESS:
- Saleable: Would you buy the item again?
- Usable: Is it in good working order?
- Is it Clean?
- Contains all parts?
- Excellent condition, or at least good condition?
- Safe: is it an item that is safe for resale?
- Saleable: will a rummage customer buy it?
Drop Off Guidelines
To help keep your donation process simple and efficient, we suggest loading items into your vehicle in the reverse order of drop off, following this list arranged in loading order: volunteers will be there to help!
- Computers: Includes peripherals and software. These will be unloaded last and normally from the right side of your vehicle.
- Books: Because books are heavy and our volunteers mostly women, please place books in sturdy bags or boxes with no more than 15 pounds in each. These will also be unloaded to the right.
- Furniture: This category includes not only furniture but also other items sold in the largest tents such as home and garden tools, baby and medical equipment, luggage, rugs, prints and other art. These and all following categories will be unloaded to the left.
- Sporting goods: includes exercise machines (not all may be accepted), skis and acceptable boots, skates, baseball caps, bats and gloves, golf clubs, fishing rods and the like.
- Electrical and optical equipment: Includes anything with a plug or batteries that must be tested before resale except computers; also includes cameras, enlargers and other photographic items, binoculars and telescopes. These will be unloaded first, from the left.
- Miscellaneous Sorting Area: Includes all clothing, accessories, linens, toys, games and puzzles, kitchen and household items, music items, stationary, greeting cards, arts and crafts supplies, travel and vanity items, curtains and curtain rods, and anything else acceptable and not listed elsewhere
LOOKING FOR A FUN & REWARDING OPPORTUNITY?
Become a Rummage Sale Volunteer!
Join the hundreds of people having a great time while helping bring important healthcare services to neighbors and families in need.
THREE WAYS TO LEARN MORE:
- CALL 908-766-0180
- EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
- MESSAGE US Facebook.com/vnarummagesale
We keep you informed
Sign up here to receive the latest news and updates from the team at VNA of Somerset Hills.