- Serves as a case manager for private care services of individuals and families
- Provides supervisory visits to ensure competency and skill levels of all certified home health aides
- Provides coverage for Community Health Services
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager, Community Services and Vice President of Operations
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing is preferred OR Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey or has license pending as indicated by a permission-to-work letter from the New Jersey State Board of Nursing
- A minimum of one year’s experience in nursing
- Current NJ driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice
- Understanding and knowledge of the nursing process
- Ability to organize, manage and function in assigned areas
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision
- Ability to recognize needs and concern for people
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with individuals and families
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Admits patients to private care services. Accurately assesses the health care, psychosocial and physical needs of the patient.
- Develops the care plan to meet the individual needs of the patient in agreement with the patient and family. Updates the plan of care on an as needed basis.
- Interprets the care plan for the home health aide and documents his/her response.
- Records observations, assessments, and other significant information. Maintains adequate records at all times.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all patients and families through active caseload management and in-home assessments of all new clients.
- Perform ongoing telephonic and in-home care consultations as per regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct quality assurance supervisory visits to ensure competency and skill levels of all certified home health aides.
- Develop a strong relationship with the agency home health aides to foster loyalty and cooperation.
- Collaborate with the agency home care, hospice, and community health departments to grow referral network and client base.
- Promote continuity of patient care by planning and exchanging information with physicians and other health and social agencies. Obtain physician orders as needed.
- Independently respond to and resolve client concerns
- Enhance professional growth and development by attending educational programs and inservice meetings.
- Provides coverage for Community Health Services as assigned (e.g. Board of Health visits, B/P clinics, etc.)
- Participate on agency committees as requested.
- Interpret the role of the nurse and the agency’s programs to the community.
- Carry out policies of the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.